Jammin' Jerk Steak Fajitas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 scallions, washed and cut in half
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Jammin Jerk Spice
- 2 pounds inside skirt steak; cut into 3 equal pieces
- 2 red bell peppers; cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers; cut into strips
- 1 large white onion; cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Fajita-size flour tortillas
Mix all marinade ingredients. Put pieces of skirt steak in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade all over. Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible and allow the steak to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Grill on each side 3-5 minutes. Remove the steak from the grill and wrap in tin foil and allow to rest 10-15 mins.
While the steak is resting, toss the peppers and onion with some olive oil and a pinch of salt. Continue to cook until they are soft and nicely browned. Add the steak into the vegetables, toss a little.
Heat the tortillas on the grill or in the oven until soft. Assemble fajitas with the vegetables, steak, and a bit of sour cream and cheese.